Find a Job
Safety Coordinator Assistant
Must apply in person with a resume
Establish and maintain the health and safety of the plant workforce by monitoring and evaluating health and safety conditions; assuring compliance with applicable policies, procedures and governmental standards; and maintenance of the Power Solutions Health, Industrial Hygiene and Safety Programs for the facility.
- Develop and administer effective occupational health, safety, ergonomics and industrial hygiene programs, including health services functions and maintenance of related policy and procedures in accordance with the company's Manufacturing System and OSHA's 18001 requirements.
- Be knowledge in the company's Best Business Practices and incorporate in programs.
- Educate, motivate and train line supervision and production personnel in good housekeeping practices, safe work procedures, PPE, etc.
- Use specialized testing equipment
- Sample, measure and evaluate employee exposures to in-plant chemical contaminants, including lead and acid mist; and physical agents such as heat and noise exposure.
- Administer the audiometric testing and hearing conservation programs.
- Monitor, analyze and record performance of the plant exhaust and make-up air ventilation systems.
- Leads administration of medical surveillance and biological monitoring programs according to OSHA standards and company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as applied