Find a Job
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the accounting function and staff, A/P, A/R, month-end closing, year-end closing, and filling of corp. taxes, budgets, and fiscal audits.
- Processes payroll, verifies accuracy of employee timesheets from various service areas, meets payroll time frames and cutoff dates;
- Develops, maintains and implements accounting software transactions and/or data on a daily basis; periodically implements technical upgrades to accounting software, whenever necessary.
- Oversees billing process, ensuring invoices are posted in a timely and efficient manner.
- Systematically processes billing for other regional centers, contract services and private pay clients.
- Accurate and timely financial reports; when called upon will disseminate reports to the CEO and Board of Trustees for review; will attend board meetings on a regular basis.
- Accurately provide and explain financial reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), or their designee and designated Board members, upon request.
- Maintains effective internal controls, files, and records.
- Tracks and audits petty cash account.
- Assists with processing of employee expense reports;
- Acts in the capacity of accounting dept. liaison with other departments, vendors, customers, employees.
- Dependability and maintaining an excellent attendance/punctuality record is an essential job requirement for this position.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and the ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information and/or situations, maintaining discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous job duties, projects, and job tasks, as directed by management.
- This position will report directly to our CEO and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the job:
- Proficient skills in reading, writing, and speaking in English; bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills & techniques.
- Numeracy skills, including but not limited to: proficient math skills, proficiency with 10-key calculator, preparation of accounting spreadsheets, measurement and data analysis, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple job tasks and work duties with frequent interruptions..
- Proficiency using Microsoft Programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, QuickBooks and internal systems / applications.
- Effective problem-solving/resolution skills.
- Attention to detail (proofreading completed work, forms, reports, etc.).
- Knowledge of general office skills and administrative procedures: typing 45-50 wpm), filing, copying, faxing, scanning, etc.
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor, conduct, and working relationships with peers, management, employees, and other individuals that interact with this position.
- Ability to comply, interpret and support Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols.
- Ability to maintain a high-level of trust and confidentiality at all times.
- As needed, ability to use personal vehicle in the performance of job duties. Must possess valid Driver’s License, auto registration, and auto liability insurance.
- High School Diploma or GED, plus BA/BS in Finance or Accounting.
- Two (2) years’ experience in the capacity of Jr. accountant, AP, AR, Collections, or
- Any combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successful perform the job.