Find a Job
Accounts Payable Coordinator
apply in person with a resume at Hunter Employment LLC. (2450 S. 4th Avenue Suite #102)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under general supervision and performs routine accounting duties in the area of accounts payable. Upon validation of
approval authorizations, codes vendor invoices and internal check requests for proper General Ledger account
distribution. Verifies vendor invoice prices, quantities and price extensions against internal documents to ensure
accurate payments to vendors. Receives and reconciles vendor statements periodically. Ensures appropriate level of
backup documentation to support weekly check run amounts. Communicates with vendors and team members to
resolve issues, and acts as back up to other functional areas of Accounting.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is a detail-oriented individual with a minimum of three years Accounts Payable
experience responsible for managing the timely processing of a variety of high volume transactions, including repair
management contractors, inventory, employee expense reimbursements, trade vendors, and customer refunds. In
addition, this role oversees adherence to internal controls by: ensuring payments are properly approved and
documented; issues are proactively researched and resolved; and payments are generated on a timely basis. The
incumbent must have knowledge of general accounting principles and be proficient at accounting software and MS Office
(especially Excel). The incumbent should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, and the
ability to prioritize and multitask. She/he should be a strong communicator, both written and oral, as the position
requires frequent dealings with colleagues in other parts of the organization and vendors. This position reports to the
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Process various Accounts Payable transactions, including vendor invoices, vouchers, expense reports, customer
refunds, garnishments and check requests.
• Accurately and efficiently processes and reconciles all Accounts Payable related transactions including recurring
invoices and payments.
• Reconcile and/or assist in the reconciliation of Intercompany Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable transactions and
balances. Process Intercompany related payments and/or transfers.
• Prioritize workload to consistently meet vendor terms and discounts as well as business deadlines.
• Follows procedures to ensure that all vendor invoices, check requests, and other requests for payment have the
appropriate approvals (including authorization of acceptance of goods or services) and General Ledger coding.
• Ability to follow up on and resolve vendor invoice issues and communicate status of issues to management as
needed for timely resolution.
• Consistently meets deadlines and proactively solves problems.
• Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies as necessary to ensure accurate and timely
payments and maintain good vendor relationships.
• Team with others in the department to conclude payment/settlement process (i.e., Grower Settlements) and assist
with Job related activity as needed.
• Prepare batch check runs and ACH/electronic payment transactions including the matching of vendor invoices to
checks, obtaining signature for checks and check mailing/distribution. Payments must be accurate and timely.
Follow-up on outstanding checks not presented for payment by vendors.
• Maintain Vendor 1099 information and request W-9 documentation as needed.
• Maintain Vendor files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and
accepted accounting practices including maintenance of insurance certificates on vendors considered to be
• Maintain accurate electronic files and evidence to support the account reconciliations and journal entries.
• Assist with external and internal audits as required.
• At least 3+ years of proven and successful experience in an accounting/accounts payable or bookkeeping work
• Intermediate proficiency in Excel (pivot tables)
• Strong research, analytical and multi-tasking skills
• Strong working knowledge of applicable accounts payable/procurement/general ledger financial systems and
procedures, experience with Navision a plus
• Proficiency with 10-key and data entry keyboarding.
• Possess strong organizational, communications and time management skills
• Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
• Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail is required
• Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
• Reliable and professional attitude
• Experience in the agriculture industry is a plus.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices.
• Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Computer literacy with ability to learn new computer software programs
• Must be able to utilize technologies to streamline work processes.
• Must have strong organizational skills and attention to details
• Must demonstrate analytical skills as well as be able to focus attention on details when necessary.
• Must have excellent organizational skills and be customer service oriented