Find a Job
Must apply in person:
2755 S 4th Ave
An updated resume is required at time of registration.
Primary Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Submit reimbursement requests to Medicare, Medicaid and Private Insurance.
- Enters, processes, and prepares the service staff claims for submission to Payors.
- Trains service staff to efficiently use billing components of my Avatar to meet or exceed production standards.
- Work with patients to develop self-pay arrangement and payment plans.
- Enter charges accurately and expeditiously to ensure proper records handling and fast payment responses.
- Process and follow up on payer denials, consulting with the patients and/or his or her family as needed
- Post payments in a timely manner
- Enters and manipulates data and information in all MS Office applications and MS Projects
- Initiate private pay collections after insurance cancellation, denial or other issue
- Inputs data into automated systems for the department; generated records, reports, bills and/or other departmental requirements from the data; verifies and edits data, as needed
- Research and resolve client billing problems or issues
- Document payment records and issues and they occur
- Assist Clinical Staff with documentation, training, and billing requirements.
- Billing Help Desk.
- Compiling reports, as needed for Management Team.
- Working rejection, denials, claims, and payment received through all clearing houses CHA is in business with
- Performs related duties as related.
Minimum Qualifications to Perform Job:
Two years of experience in general office, clerical and administrative support work. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency. Knowledge of English, spelling, grammar, and arithmetic; Knowledge of the operation of office equipment, personal computers, practice management application and communications systems; Knowledge of rules, regulations, policies and procedures; Knowledge of specialized formats for letters, memos and reports. Ability to apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Ability to operate personal computers and office equipment. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships will all levels of staff and to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information concerning Consumers and Staff. Ability to record, file and transmit information, ensuring that confidentiality for Consumers and Staff are respected. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.