Find a Job
Must apply in person with a resume
2450 S. 4th Ave., Suite 102
Yuma, AZ. 85364
The custodial/maintenance staff position performs inspections, maintenance, and repairs to ensure that all students, staff, and the community are provided a safe, attractive, and clean environment for learning and work. Some of the functions of the job include:
Perform general maintenance and repair tasks in a variety of areas and as assigned by the Supervisor of Maintenance and in accordance with all applicable codes and regulations.
• Ensure that the work site and conditions are safe.
• Perform regular inspections of equipment and systems, reporting any abnormalities and hazards immediately.
• Gathering and emptying trash, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, monitoring building safety security and dusting.
• Cleans assigned area.
• Cleans restrooms.
• Sweeps, mops and waxes floors.
• Cleans mirrors and windows.
• Cleans office areas.
• Empties trash.
• Moves, arranges and cleans office furniture.
• Vacuums carpets and floors.
• Performs basic building maintenance.
• Fixes loose carpet, broken windows and doors and makes adjustments to equipment as needed.
• Stores custodial equipment and supplies.
• Conducts major cleaning during off school times including stripping and waxing floors, cleaning carpets and classrooms.
• Sets up cafeteria for assemblies and other events.
• Assists with school programs and activities as needed.
• Accessible to work schedule change; morning, evening or weekend as needed.
• Assists with groundskeeper duties as needed.
• Assists with assembling equipment, furniture and other items as required and performs related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent, and one (1) year custodial experience. Additional certifications may also be required as specified by the District. Fingerprint Clearance Card (IVP) required.