Find a Job
Instrument & Controls Technician
Primary Purpose/Function: Instrument & Controls Technician provides technical support and hands on assistance for process optimization and process control; including monitoring of control systems and safety systems. Inspects, tests and repairs electronic, mechanical and pneumatic instruments and systems in the facility that are used to operate and control the power plant. The technician is expected to respond to callouts and work overtime when needed to support the operation of the plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adhere to, support, and enforce all company safety and environmental rules, policies, and procedures
• Perform condition monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Control Systems, IT, and communication systems
• Assist with instrument maintenance and calibration functions
• Assist and ensure sufficient stock of spare parts
• Work with other departments for coordination of maintenance activities
• Support the operations, maintenance and other departments in the facility
• Work with contractors and vendors as necessary
• Follow system, rules, regulations and work procedures applicable to his responsibilities
• Prepare required reports
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge – Education/Experience
• Minimum 2 years’ instrumentation experience preferred and or will consider equivalent
• Knowledge of personal computer software applications including spreadsheet, work processing and database preferred.
Skills / Abilities
• Familiarity with the computerized maintenance and or preventative maintenance.
• Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence accurately.
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
Please apply in person and bring a resume to:
605 Wake Avenue Ste. 6, El Centro CA 92243