Find a Job
MUST APPLY IN PERSON:
605 Wake Ave. #6
El Centro, CA 92243
Phone Number: (760)679-5180
Office Hours – Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm
Under the direction of the Parking/Traffic Supervisor, enforce a wide variety of parking regulations in accordance with applicable laws, codes and rules; direct and control automobile traffic City-wide; perform general clerical duties related to assigned activities.
- Enforce a wide variety of parking regulations including double parking and illegal parking in red zones, metered areas, handicapped spaces, bus zones, loading zones and other restricted parking areas; mark vehicle tires; check for abandoned vehicles; issue citations as appropriate; assure compliance with applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Respond to emergency calls; drive a vehicle to perform assigned functions; utilize a two-way radio.
- Collect and account for various fees including collected meter monies; prepare and make bank deposits.
- Enforce various City and State ordinances and vehicle codes as necessary including expired vehicle registration.
- Direct and control automobile traffic, assure traffic moves smoothly; notify proper authorities of accidents; arrange for vehicles to be towed as needed; block streets during emergency situations including placing caution tape and cones as appropriate.
- Perform general clerical duties related to assigned activities including sorting and recording citations and maintaining related logs and files; prepare routine reports as directed.
- Communicate with the public, outside agencies and City officials to exchange and provide information, coordinate activities and resolve issues.
- Serve as an escort for funeral processions; control other special events.
- Perform minor repairs to parking meters as necessary; utilize a variety of hand tools.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Basic record keeping and report preparation techniques.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Legal and defensive driving practices.
- Perform clerical duties such as filing, typing, duplicating and maintaining routine records.
- Learn, interpret and apply applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations related to assigned activities.
- Learn to operate basic hand tools.
- Operate a variety of office equipment.
- Observe legal and defensive driving practices.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Effectively interact with the public and maintain good public relations.
- Determine appropriate action within clearly defined guidelines.
- Prepare routine reports.
- Understand and work within scope of authority.
- Compare names and numbers rapidly and accurately.
- Type at an acceptable rate of speed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: Graduating from high school and one year of experience involving public contact.
LICENSED AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid California driver's license.
- Outdoor work environment.
- Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
- Seasonal heat and cold or adverse weather conditions.