Find a Job
Apply in person at Hunter Employment (2450 S. 4th Avenue Suite #102) with a Resume.
Under general supervision, this position will administer and maintain company safety programs while ensuring compliance with OSHA, Cal OSHA, Federal, State, and local regulations applicable to California and Arizona. Responsible for planning and facilitating employee safety training with the goal of maintaining and growing company safety culture. Will work closely with Supervisors, Managers, HR, and Employees. The Safety/ Coordinator reports to the Safety & Compliance Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures company Safety Program and company practices comply with OSHA standards
- Identifies company safety and training needs and assists in developing and coordinating safety and environmental training programs
- Assist in the development and administration of company annual safety training program
- Ensures documentation concerning the safety function is current and maintained per mandated record retention regulations.
- Assists in preparing written safety and health programs and policies.
- Reviews Reports of Injury to ensure completeness and that appropriate action is taken to prevent recurrence. Audits to ensure all injuries are properly reported and holds department managers accountable for implementation of corrective action as is appropriate.
- Conducts safety orientations and monthly tailgates at multiple business units.
- Identify deficiencies and provides direction to implement plans for continuous improvement.
- Performs incident investigations for all incidents and communicates to the appropriate personnel any hazards, incidents, corrective actions, etc.
- Supports management in the selection fo appropriate protective equipment.
- Interacts with regulatory agencies such as OSHA, local officials, etc
- Accompanies injured workers to occupational clinics for injury incident management when needed
- Assists in maintaining multiple facilities’ compliance records for all environmental permits and regulation programs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Two (2) to three (3) years of Safety experience
- Must be bi-lingual: English/Spanish
- Solid Understanding of specific safety standards and government regulations for OSHA in California and Arizona
- Ability to present training material and knowledge
- Must have valid State Driver License
- Excellent communication skills and detail oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Environmental Health & Safety, Ag, or other related field a plus
- This role operates in a professional office and food production environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filling cabinets, and fax machines
- Individual must be able to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold. Personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn in all designated areas.